With an online database of vacancies, regular events and a pan-European network of support services, EURES can offer you comprehensive support before, during and after your job search. Read on to find out more about how you can benefit.
Apply for vacancies on the EURES portal
If you are reading this, you have already found your way to the EURES portal. Here, you will find around 2.8 million vacancies in the 32 participating EURES countries (the 27 EU countries, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and the United Kingdom).
Start by registering here to create a free online profile. You will then be able to apply for vacancies and make your CV visible to over 16,000 employers who are registered on the portal. You can also personalise your preferences and receive notifications about vacancies that match your profile.
The EURES portal also contains many other useful tools, including the Living and working area, which offers country-specific information to help you with your move.
Get personalised support from a EURES Adviser
There are around 1,000 dedicated EURES Advisers across Europe. These EURES Advisers can give you personalised support with a wide range of aspects, including:
- providing career guidance and recommending interesting opportunities;
- helping you improve and tailor your CV to strengthen your job applications;
- passing on your CV to potential employers and facilitating interviews;
- directing you towards training, language learning and funding opportunities;
- advising on legal and administrative aspects, such as social security and taxes;
- helping you get settled in your new country.
While any restrictions in your country due to COVID-19 may affect the availability of face-to-face appointments, you can still receive one-to-one support by telephone or email. Contact your local EURES Adviser today to get started.
Attend European (Online) Job Days
Since 2013, EURES has held over 200 European (Online) Job Days. These events offer an opportunity to meet potential employers and get practical information from EURES Advisers.
Of course, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we are seeing more and more events move online due to national restrictions on face-to-face events and travel. Thankfully, EURES has long been using virtual tools to host its European (Online) Job Days and is continuing to run regular events online.
This means you can ‘attend’ from the comfort of your own home and speak to potential employers from a safe distance. You may even be offered a remote interview by video. To find more information on upcoming events, visit the European Job Days website. You can also search for recruitment events in your region on the EURES events calendar.
EURES services in cross-border regions
You do not have to be relocating abroad to receive support from EURES. Over 1.5 million people live in one European country but work in another. EURES has many cross-border partnerships that focus specifically on supporting these workers.
If you live close to a border with another EURES country, you may be able to receive support with finding opportunities across the border and handling the administrative aspects of cross-border work.
Find EURES Advisers
Living and working conditions in EURES countries
EURES Jobs Database
EURES services for employers
EURES Events Calendar
Upcoming Online Events
EURES on Facebook
EURES on Twitter
EURES on LinkedIn
- Dáta foilsithe
- 16 Deireadh Fómhair 2020
- An tÚdarás Eorpach Saothair | Ard-Stiúrthóireacht um Fhostaíocht, Gnóthaí Sóisialta agus Cuimsiú
- Labour market news / mobility newsRecruiting trendsYouth
- Cuid(eanna) gaolmhara
- Living and Working
- Accomodation and food service activitiesActivities of extraterritorial organisations and bodiesActivities of households as employers, undifferentiated goods- and servicesAdministrative and support service activitiesAgriculture, forestry and fishingArts, entertainment and recreationConstructionEducationElectricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supplyFinancial and insurance activitiesHuman health and social work activitiesInformation and communicationManufacturingMining and quarryingOther service activitiesProfessional, scientific and technical activitiesPublic administration and defence; compulsory social securityReal estate activitiesTransportation and storageWater supply, sewerage, waste management and remediation activitiesWholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles